OfficeServer Release History
This page describes the changes made between major builds of the
OfficeServer disk. It's maintained by hand, as opposed to the CVS automatic
script that fishes out all the changes explicitly.
Version 1.0 [Build #1] - 07/09/1999
- First "gold" release. Being pressed onto the CD-ROM.
Version 1.0 [Build #2] - 15/09/1999
- Copyright message in help changed (at Roger's request).
Version 1.1 [Build #1] - 03/11/1999
- Quick update to provide SCSI support only. Holding back UI changes for
1.2 pending further QA. Note that this release supports SCSI devices, but
only as secondary filesystems (ie. you can't boot from the SCSI).
- Nettrom 2.1.16
- New kudzu package for setting up /etc/conf.modules and
spawning a serial console on the front-panel port of a rackmount.
Version 1.1 [Build #2] - 17/11/1999
- Updated firmware to support new IGS Cyber2010 video chip.
- Kernel framebuffer also fixed for 2010 support.
- Bug in exit from fault handler fixed, was trashing PSR and causing
occasional tcp checksum failures.
- Several cache flush bugs fixed in tulip (eth1) driver.
Version 1.1 [Build #3] - 18/11/1999
- Rackmount units have no sound chip; fix the sound driver to deal with
this instead of sporadically blowing up
Version 1.1 [Build #4] - 12/13/1999
- Kernel patch to 2.2.12-19991213 to deal with shutdown problem on certain
rackmount units -- fixed interrupt handler to ignore interrupts > 32.
- Updated kudzu to version 0.2-1, handles sound and DMA enable
for RevG '553 chips.
Version 1.2 (not yet released)
There were a dozen or so development releases, for internal distribution
only. If you have one of these, you shouldn't.
Version 1.5 (released around March 7th 2000)
Had a systematic bug with broken links for the help pages; not
The real next major release, including:
- Update to apache-1.3.9
- Internationalization of all strings in the scripts
- DHCP now provides DNS server address (configurable)
- Simplified domain name changes - fixes the dhcpd, httpd, dns zone
- UI fix for user/group add/change, no more "confirmation" page
- Proper initscripts for firewall/portfw
- Modem phone number allow dashes, W and P characters
- SMTP edit page allows multiple aliases per line
- New auto-update code, compares RPM databases
- Auto-email responder now uses -t arg to formail, so replies go to the
right person when using a smart client (one that supports ident)
- Fixed removal of virtual interfaces
- Support for DHCP on @home networks
- Support for PPP-over-ethernet (sympatico)
- Bundeled VPN (progressive / v-one)
Firmware updated to 2.1.16c to correct issue with pci timing on new units
with the modified clock shaker circuit. Somehow, the ipmasqadm
package got missed in the build, so this image is being pulled.
[Build #4] - 08/04/2000
Correction of build #3, to include the missing rpm. Otherwise no
Ralph Siemsen / firstname.lastname@example.org